I put into place three main ideas.
- I will post a Thought for the Day which will include famous inspirational quotes, thoughts on volunteering for the school, as well as local announcements.
- I will use FlipGrid to record prompts from both teachers and students.
- I will infuse technology either by embedding it into the site or promoting all the wonderful technology infused/inspired lessons that are happening in classes.
How is it so far?
I am about one month in and the FlipGrid has some growing pains. Teachers needed a nudge (free donuts) to start recording themselves. But, I have a few now and the list will grow (hopefully). See some fantastic FlipGrid answers here:
Lastly, I went around the school and took pictures of students doing fantastic work on personalized learning projects, working on BreakOutEdu boxes, 1:1 Chromebook usage, Flipgrid, and more. It was very exciting to get into teachers classrooms and see all the wonderful lessons they were doing.
- Its common sense, but I immediately obtained a complete school list of all students whose faces could and could not appear on social media. I also realized that even though a student has permission, to let the parent know with a quick phone call if you are in doubt.
- I also tend to take pictures of students from the side or back to minimize face recognition.
- Also, if you have done this longer - I am OPEN to any and all suggestions on how to improve our social media presence.